Monday, August 08, 2005

the end of the team


So after the last post and general considerations plus a night out wine tasting with the team I ended up kissing Sarah, one of the girls on the team. She is someoen who i had liked since I met her in April but hadnt really got to know her until the team.

Anyway, it was a none to sublte affair and when we got back with the "help" of Mick, it all kicked off big time. Ruth my co leader went mad at me, which is fair enough, but i was not really hearing it, Sarah got upset, my wee sis started backin me up and it all ended in tears.

The next morning everyone was hung over and still angry, plus it was our last day in Csurgo and still raining (so we couldnt do much on the site. It was all looking pretty grim, and that the cool team was finnished, but after some appologies, prayer, time to sleep and the weather improvin so we could do a few more hours on the site in the afternoon, we were back together.

It made me realise how much a leader's actions affect a team, instead of just Sarah and I having to work things out the next day it was everyone. I never anticipated such a negative reaction. A cool thing was that I didnt get the usual panic and ignore / leggit feeling after being with Sarah, just felt chilled and spent some time with her over the next few days, i dont know what will happen because she is just qualified as a teacher in dublin and ill be in belfast and heading back to Southampton.

Apart from that the end of the team was good in budapest, but I was pretty tired and glad to have been chillin today. I am staying with a couple Nora and Bryson from america who live here, they have an awesome apartment and have given me a set of keys, and an open invitation... sweet

2 comments:

graham said...

i have been thinkin and praying a bit more about this situation. and although it was really awesome with sarah, it shouldnt have happened on team time, especially when i was the leader, and I think something awesome was about to happen spiritually, so another shot at the achilies heal and i am on my back. stroked.

Anonymous said...

i did not have a hangover, infact i wasnt even drunk.... anyway hope your doing ok? talk to you soon
Mick