Monday, August 19, 2013

Drop the pressure - what to do when it feels a lot like too much




Right now there is a lot going on, Natalie (my wife) and i are in the process of moving country which required moving out of our house to live with my parents for a while.  The move is a big step of destiny for Natalie and I so there is a lot of emotional turbulence, my work is full on, we are getting ready to pack everything up into the back of our small car and I have been ebaying and gumtreeing a lot to raise a few extra £...
It the midst of the chaos I can feel pretty isolated and overwhelmed.  When I loose a sense of God's hand in control, I become task orientated and start trying to do as much as I can to try and find some peace, which leads to exhaustion.... but then the alarm goes off and its go time again...
When Natalie gets overwhelmed, she freaks out in a more obvious way, and my desire to encourage and clam her down rightly encroaches on and takes priority over lots of the other tasks...
So on saturday morning when i sat down to have some time with Jesus, Papa and Holy Spirit there was more than a headful of tasks, and partial lists swimming around...

But somehow God in His infinite grace and general awesomeness broke in...

"But ill take the hand of those who don't know the way, who can't see where they are going.

I'll be a personal guide to them, directing them through the unknown country.  I'll be right there to show them what roads to take, make sure they don't fall into the ditch."

"I have taken responsibility for you, kept you safe"

"Do you feel like a lowly worm...? Don't be afriad
Feel like a fragile insect...? I'll help you.  I, God will reassure you.
The God who buys you back.  The Holy of Israel.
I'm transforming you from worm to harrow,
from insect to iron.
As a sharp-toothed harrow you'll smooth out the mountains,
turn those old hills into loamy soil"
(all Isaiah 41 msg)



From my perspective I'm not meant to have it all figured out, I don't have to have the plan, I can trust my Papa, my heavenly dad, and know without a shadow of a doubt that he has got us.  He knows what He is doing, he has blessed me so much and lead me step by step and He is not giving up.  I don't need to know what the future holds or have it all planned out to be at peace, to trust in Him.  I am just relax and know that it is going to all be ok.  No matter what.  As that revelation oozes into my brain and heart, i can breath deeply, i can just enjoy time with my most beautiful wife without the next task dominate my thinking.  i can feel like a human being again.

thanks jesus!

No comments: