Wednesday, August 16, 2006

holding back from the full embrace

I have been thinking a bit about the darker side to my character, and not so much about trying to ignore it or deny it, but to understand it and embrace it. In an understnading of my weakness and imperfection, there is a freedom. I have often heard people laying the guilt trip to allow God into all our lives and not hold anything back. But I think its the opposite if you hug someone halfheartly you will never feel the fullness of their embrace. Instead of worrying about the dark parts of our character and how God mite not like them, we instead need to trust him when he says He loves all of us and abandon ourselves to the full embrace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Graham, I seem to have randomly come across your blog through a friend.
Great to see you are getting on well. All good with me. Where are you living now? Give me a shout if you're up in Dublin time, would love to catch up for a pint

Clodagh x

Anonymous said...

So much truth in that...hope you're good. Thinking of you :) x